Kyle Alexander came through a few weeks ago for a project and snapped off a couple pictures over here. Really good guy and its nice to get some decent pictures of this shit hole.
Triumph 650, finally. Taking a quick back seat for the other bikes in for service but shooting to have her all built up by the end of July.
I’ve had this thing in boxes since I lived in Philly. Got it from a dude in southern Maryland. 50+ year old Italian Benelli 125.
Finally got the magneto/generator tracked down from a feller in Czech., rigging it up as a race bike. Full magneto, bump start- porting the balls out of the intake/exhaust and bored the cyl out a full cm for a race piston, upping to a Dellorto 250 carb. Moved the foot sets back and rigged up a new seatpan to get upholstered soon.
Waiting on some parts but the thing is rebuilt. Gonna be kicking this turd over tomorrow and tuning from there.
Blasting, paint, accessory swaps, rewiring controls (inside bars) and rigging up a kickstart/peg system to replace the pedals next.
Venturing into the demon realm of mopeds for a woman. 1979 Peugeot 103 for the ol’ lady. Should have progress pics up as I get into it over the next few weeks.
* 30 days. She’s done- with two hours to spare! The steel’s rusting out perfectly, the aluminum and nickel will take a bit but when it oxidizes it’ll be a turquoise/ochre that’ll look disgusting in contrast with the leather and steel rust.
** Much better pics to come next weekend.
* She runs. Finishing tomorrow as soon as the post shows up with the last part (starter motor / starter clutch spring).
* Firestone Deluxe Champions ( “Gum Dipped.” ) Meanest bastards around.
Picking up blasted parts today, hopefully the seat too. Eight days until The Bearded Lady - watchout Jap and Rat class.
** Whoever stole my test prints after the show last night, you’re a dick.
* Built up a seatpan this morning- welds this weekend, honey leather upholstery next week. Waiting on ignition parts, back to printing.
* Chopped, ground and shaped fenders, exhaust and ground off those gross bugger guides for the rubber knee recess pads on the tank. Clean as a whistle.
Junk yard again tomorrow at 7:00am. Missing screws/bolts/springs, spare rectifier, solenoid, and dynamo. Ignition system next, then its time to get her lit.